Hostel Korea Changdeokgung
“Cheap and Cheerful” is an understatement. I saw those words written above the entrance of the hostel. Hostel Korea Changdeokgung is more than that. It doesn’t only provide a cheap and cheerful accommodation but also a homey and fancy environment. I must say that you’ll get more than what you paid for.
Hostel Korea Changdeokgung is the 11th and latest branch of Hostel Korea. They also have branches in different parts of Seoul and Jeju Island. Next year they will open a hotel named Seoul N Hotel. I’m so looking forward to experience it.
I’m very satisfied because the room is fully equipped with all the things that a traveler needs. I really felt safe there because I saw that CCTV’s are also installed in the lobby and in the hallways.
Hostels Korea Changdeokgung is suitable for all types of travelers: for families, couples (and third wheels!), friends, and solo travelers.
This room is suitable if you have four or more members in the family. There are two types of family room: two double beds or four tatami mattresses. The family room accommodates four people but you can request for an extra tatami mattress. It has a private bathroom, hair dryer, LED TV, refrigerator, water heater and mugs.
This room is suitable if you are traveling with friends. It contains three single beds.It has a private bathroom, hair dryer, LED TV, refrigerator, water heater and mugs.
This room is suitable for couples with a third wheel! (Kidding!) It room has two types: one double bed and one single bed or two single beds. It has a private bathroom, hair dryer, LED TV, refrigerator, water heater and mugs.
This room is suitable for couples. It contains one queen sized bed. It has a private bathroom, hair dryer, LED TV, refrigerator, water heater and mugs.
This room is suitable for solo travelers who wants privacy. It contains one single bed. It has a private bathroom, hair dryer, LED TV, refrigerator, water heater and mugs.
Female & Mixed Dormitory
This room is suitable for budget solo travelers! It contains ten capsule beds. It also contains lockers with power sockets. It has two shower rooms, and two toilets.
Click here for reservations.
- The whole building is equipped with WIFI.
- There’s a stand filled with free booklets and leaflets about tourist destinations.
- There’s a landline phone for local and international calls.
- There’s a computer in the lobby.
- There’s a cafe and a seminar room in the basement.
- There’s a kitchen and dining hall in the first floor.
- There’s a free self-service laundry and BBQ Lounge in the rooftop.
Click here to see the pictures.
As I’ve said, it’s the perfect place for palace lovers! The tourist spots are just walking distance. You’ll save a lot of money in transportation. I can practically stay there for two days without using any transportation.
- The hostel is near four palaces: Changdeokgung, Changgyeonggung, Unhyeongung, and Gyeongbukgung.
- It’s also close to Jongmyo Shrine, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site.
- If you want to shop for souvenirs, Insadong is the nearest place.There are lots of exciting activities to do in Insadong.
- If you want to do some cultural activities, Bukchon Hanok Village is just few minutes away. It’s also close to Samcheongdong.
- The hostel is close to Anguk Station and Jongno 3-ga Station.
- It’s 2 minutes away from the airport limousine bus 6110.
They provide free breakfast! The kitchen was loaded with bread and jam, boiled eggs, cereals, and fruits. After eating, the guests have to wash their own plates.
The people from the receptionists, the housekeeping, and the kitchen staff are indeed cheerful. They smile to all the guests. They are all attentive.They speak English well. Besides Korean, some of them also speak Mandarin Chinese.
Check out their Facebook Page.
- The check-in time is after 3pm. If you arrive earlier than that, you can use their free luggage keeping while touring around the palace quarter.
- Wake up early if you want to catch their free breakfast. (8am-10am)
- You can use the laundry room at the rooftop from 7am-9am, and 5pm to 11pm.
- Don’t smoke inside the hostel! It’s a non-smoking building, you’ll need to pay 100,000 won if you violate.
- Check out on or before 11am. They have extra-charge for every single hour.