I’m on my second year in Korea. I just had my vacation in the Philippines last month yet I’m really looking forward to experience another holiday which is CHUSEOK (ì¶”ì„).
Chuseok is one of the biggest holidays in Korea. In fact, I think that it is the longest because it’s a 3-day holiday where they travel back to their hometown (ê³ í–¥), eat delicious food (ë§›ìžˆëŠ” ìŒì‹), and give thanks to their ancestors (ì¡°ìƒ). It’s the time where children wear their adorable hanbok! (í•œë³µ)
Last year (Chuseok 2015), my boss decided to adopt me and bring me to their province along with his wife and kids. They ate traditional food like songpyeon (ì†¡íŽ¸). They also played a traditional game called YutnoriÂ (ìœ·ë†€ì´).
I forgot the name of this province but this is the place where I stayed last year.
This year, I’m planning to travel! Let me share my Chuseok itinerary for three days!
Day 1 (September 14, 2016)
- Korean Folk Village
- Transpo:Â (Train to Suwon Station then transfer to KFV shuttle) *2hrs travel time
- Budget:Â 25,000 won for admission fee
- They have various activities during Chuseok. I don’t wanna miss it!
- It’s the home of historical dramas!
- I’ve also read that they have a special outdoor performance and folk play on the 14th of September! <3
Day 2 (September 15, 2016)
- War Memorial of Korea
- Transpo: (Train to Samgakji Station) *1hr travel time
- Budget: Admission is free!
- It’s always close on Mondays (my day off) so I’m going to take this opportunity to visit it.
- Btw, they say that it take three hours to see the whole place. I’m thinking of going there early to attend the 10am or 2 pm free one hour tour.
Day 3 (September 16, 2016)
- National Museum of Korea
- Transpo: (Train to Ichon Station) *1hr travel time
- Budget:Â Admission is free!
- I’ve read that it would be open on Chuseok. *crossed fingers*
- I wanna see the three-storey exhibits of artifacts.
- It’s a good way to learn about the history and culture of Korea.
- If not, I’m planning to visit Nami Island and Garden of the Morning Calm.
- I’ve been there last winter, and spring. I wanna experience Autumn in Nami Island and Garden of the Morning Calm. I wanna see the colorful leaves!!!
This is how I spent Chuseok in reality: