Caratreats by Iris is the first Seventeen inspired cafe in the Philippines. It is a cafe for all the carats! In this cafe, expect a whole new level of Caratland experience. You will be surrounded by different kinds of Seventeen merch such as signed albums, uchiwas, lightsticks and many more! They also blast the million seller group’s incredible tunes nonstop for a complete carat experience.
Soon, they will install a TV so that customers will be able to watch SVT’s music videos, concerts, and even going seventeen episodes while dining in.
We’ve reached our lowest a few years back and we felt like we were nearing that point again because of what’s been going on for the past year so we needed to thrive during the pandemic and I wanted to do it my own way. My parents suggested food but I didn’t want it to be your typical fast food joint place so I wanted to make it more special by incorporating the thing that have helped me throughout my tough times which is Seventeen. Caratreats is derived from the word Carat (Seventeen’s fandom name) and Treats which is what we offer.Samantha Iris Garcia, owner of Caratreats by Iris
What to Eat?
Their best sellers include Creamy Prawn Pasta, Baked Kimchi Fried Rice, Baked Red Pasta, and Carat Cake. For the drinks, people buy the seventeen inspired drinks which are Carat Milktea, Carat Pop, and Babo Latte.
I tried their Baked Kimchi Fried Rice, Carat Cake, and Baked Red Pasta. Among the three meals I tried, I like the Baked Kimchi Fried Rice the most! Usually, people are not a fan of kimchi because they find it spicy. In Caratreats by Iris, the Kimchi is not spicy at all. People can really enjoy eating the fried rice with egg and melted cheese on top. We can’t get enough of it, so my sister bought the large Kimchi Fried rice the next day! I’ll try the creamy prawn pasta on my next visit.
For drinks, the carat milktea tastes like bubble gum to me. I like the carat pop the most. The carat pop is very refreshing. It’s like soda but sweeter. Lastly, the babo latte is a different experience. You literally have to use two straws to drink it.
What’s the story behind the Babo Latte (Stupid Latte)?
During a live broadcast, the SEVENTEEN members had the choice between drinking milk and drinking coffee. But rather than just drinking one or the other, S. Coups suggested that if the members drank milk and coffee at the same time, they would technically be drinking latte! It’s funny because they also prepared a coffee truck for fans but the twist is, fans need to drink from both straws at the same time too.
They are currently planning on releasing a whole KPOP Line for beverages such as BTS, Twice and Blackpink inspired drinks. They have drinks already for NCT, Got7 and ITZY.
The young and beautiful owner, Samantha Iris Garcia, is very hands on. She and her mom developed the meals based on experiences and fusions from different kinds of cuisines.
The most interesting part of being the owner of Caratreats is being able to meet and interact with people who share the same love and interest for a group. We also meet supportive parents of fans who order our food for their kids who are big supporters of seventeen. It’s diverse and definitely an eye-opening experience and i am thankful that I’m able to do what i love while promoting seventeen at the same time.Samantha Iris Garcia
- Caratreats by Iris holds cup sleeve events every month for the members’ birthdays, comebacks and even other kpop group’s various celebrations such as ITZY’s anniversary and so.
- They give free Seventeen cupsleeves and photocards for customers who order depending what design they have for the month.
- They also have birthday promo packages good for 3-4, 5-8 and even 10-12 people wherein you’ll be able to save as high as 500 pesos!
Caratreats by Iris is located in Dasmarinas City, Cavite.
- If you’re going to commute from Manila, just ride a bus going to Tagaytay and get off at the stoplight after Robinsons Dasmarinas. Walk towards Asia Medic Hospital and you’ll see it across the hospital.
- If you’re using a private transportation, just search for “Caratreats Cafe” on Waze or Google Maps.
- Operation Hours: Monday to Saturday 10 AM – 6PM | Sunday 10 AM – 4 PM
Follow them on their social media accounts:
For more entertaining, educational, and informative posts, you may also follow me on my other social media accounts.
- Facebook: Travel with Karla
- YouTube: Travel with Karla
- Instagram: @travelwithkarla
- Twitter: @karlaobispo
- Sincerely, Shawols Cafe
- 20 SPACE – The Mint Universe
- Places every KPOP Fan should visit
- Travel Guide: Top Korean Entertainment Companies