Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
This drama started last November 2016, and ended up last week (January 11,2017). I only started watching this when people started asking me about the filming location Bok Chicken.
As of now, I’ve only seen the first four episodes. I would say it’s a usual rom-com drama. I feel that it’s overrated because of people using “Do you like Messi?”. I still can’t find anything special about it. Anyway, I’ll try to give it a chance and watch more episodes.
I already finished watching WFKBJ! In every drama I watch, I always look for the *kilig* or the excitement factor. I want a drama that makes me giggle, laugh, or sometimes even cry. I didn’t regret giving it a chance. It became good from episode 12 onwards. LOL. I was bored at the beginning because I felt that it was slow paced like Reply 1988.
There are things I love about the show.
- The insecurities of a girl which is very relatable
- The friendship between the trio girls
- The dedication of the coaches
- The LDR scenes(I can totally relate!)
- The father and daughter relationship
- The flirting game
- The food!
Anyway I’m writing this to let you know that I found out how to go there!
How to go to Bok Chicken:
- Take the Seoul Subway Line 4 and get off at Gireum Station (Exit 3).
- Go to the nearest bus stop and take bus 7211.
- Get off at Kukmin University.
- Cross the road, then you’ll see stairs going down.
- Go down the stairs and you’ll see Bok Chicken!
*Alternative route: If you don’t want any transfers, you can take any of the following buses: 110A, 153, 1020, 1166, 1213, 1711, or 7211.
Is it worth the visit?
I would say it isn’t. It’s far from other tourist spots. You really have to make an effort to go there and they don’t even sell chicken! LOL.
Seoul Museum of Art
I’ve been here before that’s why I remember the place. It’s in front of Seoul Museum of Art beside Deoksugung Palace. You can go there by taking the subway line 1 or 2, and get off at City Hall Station.
Amusement Park (E-World)
The amusement park is located in Daegu. It’s called E-World. I think I won’t be able to go there because I think it’s expensive. LOL.
How to go there:
- Take the KTX train from Seoul to Daegu.
- Get off at Duryu Station of Daegu Subway
- Walk straight until you reach the intersection.
This is where the swag couple studied. The soccer field in their poster is located here.
How to go there:
- Take the Seoul Subway Line 1 and get off at Juan Station.
- Take bus 511 and get off at Inha University.
This is where the wishing fountain is located. I’m sorry for the wrong info earlier. I thought it was in Inha.
The wishing fountain lies on a small pathway right behind the General Gymnasium [용인대학교 종합체육관]
Address: 경기 용인시 처인구 삼가동 470 2층
Geolocation: 37.227162, 127.167855 (source: Korean Dramaland)