The past month has been eventful for me and my family. My dad has decided to participate in the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataaan Elections 2023 (BSKE 2023). After serving our barangay as a staff for a couple of years, he ran for Barangay Kagawad.
At first, all of us do not agree with his decision. Having a political parent is not our wildest dream. But as soon as he submitted his certificate of candidacy, all of us gave our full support to him. We were with him from the house-to-house campaign, motorcade, miting de avance, and even during the actual election.
The day of the election came. I am one of the poll watchers. I stayed there from 6 in the morning to 12 midnight. It was a very tiring day. The voting ended at 3 in the afternoon but counting the results manually took time. It was already midnight when we started the canvassing. I and my dad decided to go home and just wait for the announcement the next day. Unfortunately, we got a bad news. My dad got the ninth place. There are only seven spots for Barangay Kagawad.
Triumph in the Face of Adversity: Embracing Small Wins
In my concession post, I mentioned how my family is happy because my dad can now enjoy his early retirement. He wasn’t able to attend many family gatherings because of his dedication to his responsibilities in our barangay. Now, we are excited because losing in the election means he will have more time for us.
I also have a couple of wins in the past few weeks.
- I was included in the 15 Best Teacher Travel Blogs and Websites!
- I was invited to the 7th Anniversary of Ninja Van Philippines. I got a chance to see their Cabuyao Hub and got a lot of gifts from their partner shippers.
- I tried the King Crab during the grand opening of Chung Dam Parqal.
- I was able to share God’s Word in our church. I was the guest speaker.
- My boyfriend and my mom celebrated their birthdays!
- I had a chance to eat unlimited lobsters at Medley Buffet in Okada.
- I was one of the guests during the Christmas Tree Lighting of SM City Dasmarinas.
- We had a complimentary dinner at Nabe Japanese Izakaya and Hotpot Tagaytay.
- I was given a complimentary staycation at Villa Excellance Beach and Wave Pool Resort.
As you see, there are so many things that I should be thankful for. Losing in an election can be sad but it also humbles us. Losses remind us to appreciate the present moment and make the most of it because life is ever-changing.
Every small win is a stepping stone to a bigger success. There’s always something to be thankful for. The more you count your blessings, the more blessings you’ll have to count. Count your blessings and feel the abundance in your life!