The Bicol Region is composed of six provinces: Masbate, Catanduanes, Sorsogon, Albay, Camarines Norte, and Camarines Sur. Caramoan is located in Camarines Sur.
Even though I live in Cavite (Region IV), I have to admit that it’s my first time to visit the Bicol Region. I guess I didn’t have enough resources to finance my trip back then.
Since I live with my family here in Philippines, I decided to go on a family trip. Fortunately, I found Alexandria Travel & Tours. They organized everything from the accommodation, boat rentals, and itinerary. They only charged 5,000 per head for a 3D2N tour in Caramoan (with side trip to Albay).
Instead of spending three days in Caramoan, I opt to go around Albay in our third day. Here’s how we spent our two days in Caramoan:
Bag-ing – Tinago – Cagbanilad – Pitogo
We traveled from 9pm to 9am. The 12-hour long drive made us feel so exhausted. We started the Island hopping after lunch.
- What to see: It’s hidden. Char!
- What to do: Buy some halo halo.
Guinahoan – Cotivas – Manlawi – Bugtong – Sabitang Laya
- What to see: There’s a small lighthouse on top of Guinahoan Island
- What to do: Hike! Buy some lobsters from the fishermen.
- What to see: There’s a sandbar during low tide.
- What to do: Drink some coconut juice. Rest and relax in the nipa huts
- What to see: Floating Nipa Huts
- What to do: Buy some grilled seafood from the fishermen around
- What to see: Starfish!
- What to do: Swim and take photos!
- What to see: Caves and corals
- What to do: Explore the caves. Snorkeling!
On the third day, we left Caramoan at 5am to have a day tour in Albay. I’ll make another blog post for our Albay Adventure!
I would like to thank Alexandria Travel and Tours for arranging this trip. They are very friendly and flexible. The van provided is very comfortable. It also comes with a videoke! I like how they organized everything for us. I had a worry free travel!
If you’re looking for a cheap and nice accommodation, I highly recommend Caramoan Rockwood Inn. It’s clean and cozy. The reason why I highly recommend it is because they serve super delicious food! In my three days stay there, I was always satisfied with their meals. I must say that you’ll get what you paid for.