This blog post contains a list of online jobs for teachers. I’m one of the teachers who are experiencing the enhanced community lock down so I believe that teaching online can be a great help for other teachers. I teach online for two years now, and from time to time, I get a lot of messages asking me where to apply. I made this list for teachers who want to work online too.
1. Native Camp
Native Camp claims to be one of the best ESL online tutoring schools in Japan. Their lessons are provided via unique language platform developed by our company. Native Camp is one of the rare online schools in the world that does not use Skype.
- Requirements: At least 18 years old, Must pass the English Proficiency Test, Have Demo Lesson Online
- Rates: PhP 57.20 (25 min) for Sudden class | PhP 80.00 (25 min) for Booked Class
51Talk claims to be the premier online English School in China and in the Philippines. They have established centers in Pasig City, Baguio City, Cebu City, Davao City, and Bacolod City.
- Requirements: Graduate of a 4-year course | Must have passion, energy, and enthusiasm in teaching
- Rates: PhP 132-180 (1 hour)
AcadSoc claims to be the modern era’s fastest-growing online education company. It’s based ins Shenzhen, China. As of now, it has over 10,000 English teachers and over 40,000,000 students from China. They have branches in the Philippines, Hong Kong, London, and New York.
- Requirements: At least 20 years old, has a bachelor’s degree, 6 months of teaching experience, neutral accent, available at 6-10 PM (PH time) on weekdays and 10 AM-10 PM on weekends.
- Rates: PhP 80-110 (1 hour)
Engoo is formerly known as Bibo Global Opportunity. They have teachers in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Requirements: At least 18 years old, proficient in English, with headset and webcam, high speed internet connection
- Rates: PhP 60 (25 mins)
Bizmates claims to be the number 1 Online Business English School in Japan. Headquartered in Japan, Bizmates is aggressively looking for energetic and goal-driven professionals of all nationalities who can help us achieve our vision of bringing the Asian business community together. Bizmates Philippines, Inc. is a SEC-registered company with headquarters in Japan.
- Requirements: At least 23 years old, with 3 years working experience in any field, excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Rates: PhP 140 per hour
Language in Motion (LIM) encourages tutors and learners to discuss their lives and experiences. Through these interpersonal relationships, their aim is to increase cultural understanding and to promote social mobility.
- Requirements: At least 18 years old
- Rates: $13.50 (PhP 690) per hour
7. Nice Talk
NiceTalk, developed by Hangzhou Feizhu Technology Co., Ltd, claims to be the China’s first mobile English learning platform that provides students with instant access to fluent English speakers through one on one video chat.
- Requirements: English Native Speaker or with TEFL/TESOL/CELTA and IELTS/TOEFL teaching experience
- Rates: $10 (PhP 500) per hour
8. Rare Job
Rare Job is one of the leading online ESL schools in Japan and the Philippines. It started in 2007 and has established loyal students from Japan. In here, the lesson materials are created by the in-house writers. The tutors can create their own schedule without any minimum teaching hours.
- Requirements: At least 18 years old, must not be working in another online ESL school
- Rates: Php 80-110 (1 hour)
Preply focuses on the skills that the learners need. Private tutors use Skype for teacher and they make their own materials in teaching. Most of the students are adults and most of their levels in English are beginner and intermediate.
- Rates: $550 (Php 28,000) per week
Sankei Online English was established with the combined efforts of three major companies in Japan namely: Sankei Digital, transcosmos and Human Holdings.
- Rates: PhP 100 per hour
These online jobs for teachers are really needed for those who want to spend more time with the family or for those who want to work remotely. This list isn’t complete yet. I’ll update it with more companies. Have you tried online teaching before? How’s your experience?
To be honest, I haven’t tried the companies mentioned above because I’m employed by a recruitment agency for healthcare workers. I teach strategies on how to get high scores in IELTS and TOEFL for nurses, med techs, and physical therapists.