I met Camille Fornela of the Budgetarian Bride in a group chat of travel bloggers called Travel Itinerary Philippines. Just last year, I met Cams and her groom personally during my quick vacation in Morong, Bataan.
Camille is the blogger/vlogger behind the Budgetarian Bride. She shares a lot of tips about wedding planning. Even if I’m not planning my wedding yet, I follow her because her posts are really informative and entertaining. Let’s get to know Camille more by reading some facts about her:
1. Are you a full time blogger? If not, what do you do besides blogging?
Yes, I am a full time blogger/vlogger.
2. What do you write about?
I write about the realities of wedding here in the Philippines. It’s more than just aesthetics or achieving an Instagram-worthy wedding, but I prefer heartfelt, sincere, and authentic weddings.
3. What inspired you to become a blogger? When did you start blogging?
I actually started as a travel blogger at restdayadventures.com in December 2017. But then I got married last May 2019, and I fell in love with weddings. So I started to post some of my wedding realizations and tipid tips. After that, I started receiving lots of questions about wedding. That’s why I started a wedding planning blog made specially for Filipinas. I started as a wedding blogger last June 2019.
4. What motivates you to blog?
There are very few sources about wedding planning here in the Philippines.
5. What makes you unique compared to other bloggers?
The Budgetarian Bride is unique because it’s a wedding blog made by a former Bride-to-be, not by a wedding planner or supplier. It’s based on my personal struggles and stories during our wedding.
6. What’s the most viewed article in your website?
7. What’s the best thing about being a blogger?
The best part is seeing successful weddings happen with the help of my posts, blogs, and vlogs. There’s a sense of fulfillment seeing happy and beautiful brides.
8. What are your challenges in blogging?
So little time, so many ideas.
9. What’s your message for people who wants to be like you?
Start by telling your story. Someone out there is waiting for it. And if someone needs your help, do everything you can to be able to help them. Answer their questions, and be a friend.
10. If ever you’ll get a chance to Travel with Karla, where do you wanna go?
Iceland! I hope we can travel around this dream destination and she can share with me her out-of-the-country travel tips. I would love to choose South Korea, but that’s a very obvious choice, so I go with Iceland.
Thank you Cams! Iceland is also in my bucket list! I hope to travel with you and your hubby soon. Hopefully, may jowa na rin ako by that time. Charot!
Follow the Budgetarian Bride in all her social media accounts:
- Website: http://thebudgetarianbride.com/
- Facebook – The Budgetarian Bride
- YouTube – The Budgetarian Bride
- Instagram – @thebudgetarianbride
- Twitter – @camillefornela
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Click this link to read more about other travelers.