Have you watched the Kdrama named My ID is Gangnam Beauty?
It’s about a girl with low self esteem because of her appearance. To address that, she went to Gangnam and had a cosmetic surgery.
I had a non surgical nose lift in Korea.
Unlike the protagonist in the Kdrama, I’m pretty confident with my face. Few days prior my visit to Korea, I received a message from International Fellowship in Advanced Aesthetic Science (IFAAS). It’s an exclusive continuing medical education programs led by Global Trend Setters. They invited me to be their model.
Why did I say Yes?
First, not everybody gets this opportunity to work with word class surgeons. Dr. Han-Jin Kwon spearheaded the nose lift procedure. Dr. Kwon is the Representative Director of DERMASTER Clinic Network. He is the President of International Association of Aesthetic and Antiaging Medicine and Advisory Director of Korean Association of Stem Cell Therapy. Second, it’s a safe procedure. It has minimal invasive treatment, no down time, and has immediate effect. Lastly, I want to write about it. To be honest, having nose lift is frowned upon in the Philippine Culture. I want to break the stigma.
Do you know that a nose lift procedure costs about $2000 to $4000?
How does it work?
First, they applied a numbing cream on my nose and cheeks. Then, I waited for about an hour for it to take effect. After that, I was brought into another room where Dr. Kwon and the participants are located. Dr. Kwon does the demo while the other doctors ask questions about the treatment. Each doctor, tried inserting fillers in my nose.
What to do after the surgery?
To be honest, I didn’t feel a lot of pain during the treatment. I guess the numbing cream really did well. The doctors are also helpful. They gave me some instructions on what to do after the surgery. They even gave me a prescription.
- Do not sleep on your face for the first week.
- Do not shave your face, use chemical peels, scrub, and harsh cleansers for the first week.
- Strenous exercise or sexual activities are not allowed on the first week.
- Use the prescribed pain killers.
- Contact a cosmetic/aesthetic clinic if you notice any signs of infection or if you experience bleeding or sudden increase in pain.
- You can resume normal activities within the hour but you should take it easy during the first few days.
- You should not talk, laugh, or smile excessively or make exaggerated facial movements during the first few days.
Before and After
My ID is Gangnam Beauty: Non Surgical Nose Lift in Korea!
Some people wishe to change some features of their face. Others are satisfied on how they look like. As for me, whether you underwent a surgery or not, all people must be respected and not judged for their life decisions.