- Are you working there as a teacher?
Yes. I’m an English Teacher. I teach church members from preschoolers to adults.
- Did you take any online course like TEFL?
Yes. But when I took it, I was already hired.
- Are they strict when it comes to qualifications?
If you’re talking about public schools, yes. They only hire native speakers of English.
- How did you get your job?
Our pastor recommended me. I applied online.
- What’s your educational background? Is it really your major?
My undergrad course is BS Development Communication. I took some units in Education to take the LET (Licensure Exam for Teachers). Moreover, I also have 18 units in MA Education.
- How long have you been there?
I’ve been here since August 2015.
- Do you know how to speak Korean?
Yes, basic Korean phrases for survival. LOL!
- Can you help me with my itinerary?
Sure! Just send me the list of tourist spots you want to visit and I’ll arrange it for you.
- Can I meet you when I get there?
I’m free on Mondays. I can tour you around if you make an appointment. You may also invite me for a dinner after office hours.
- Can you recommend some places to visit or things to do in Seoul?